View Single Post
Old
09-03-2011, 03:29 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
If I was Redden, I would 110% stay in the AHL and collect my 6.5 million dollars.

He has already been in the NHL. Its very possible he doesn't feel like he is more than a #6 right now in the NHL anyways and how long is that going to last? Is the AHL a worse place for a Canadian guy to be than say the SEL? Or the KHL?

I know, from a fans perspective, we would all say I would do anything to play in the NHL. These guys have played hockey their entire lives. His body may not feel like it once did and he may see the writing on the wall and just be thankful he has that kind of money coming in and a safe place for his family to grow.

Or he may just be waiting for this CBA to be up while collecting his money.
If I'm Redden, I have a giant pile of money already. I have my agent talk to Sather, get permission to talk to other teams? See if any (contending) team is interested in signing me for like a $1.5M contract. When I have a buyer, go back to Sather, arrange some series of events (like not reporting to camp or whatever) that allows the two to mutually terminate the contract and immediately sign with the new team. Everyone is happy and I am back in the NHL and hopefully on a team where I can help contribute towards a Stanley Cup run, like Detroit or San Jose or Vancouver, because while I have many millions of dollars, and while 6 more million would be nice, what I really want is a real chance at competing for Lord Stanley's Cup, a trophy I have dreamed about since I was a kid skating on my pond in my back yard. If I am Wade Redden, I do not sit by quietly and let someone else control my fate.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote