View Single Post
Old
09-03-2011, 07:13 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
It was with Hamsik afterall, and he had one of the best chances of the game. I thought both teams were a little unlucky in their finishing. I thought on that one play Weiss should have shot instead of passing it, but oh well. Overall a well fought draw for SVK. One point in Dublin is fine.

The next game versus Armenia is obviously huge. They need three points in Zilina, but that won't be easy against an exciting Armenian team. Combine that with an Irish-Russian draw and I think they are back atop the group with two games left. That is best case scenario anyhow.
The result could have been better, but could have been worse at the same time. Considering that both Ireland and Russia still have a game against Andorra ahead of them, the best case scenario for us would be to win all three of our games left and the Ireland-Russia tie.

I thought that Hamšík was finally really in his element for the NT ad I guess it has to do with Weiss allowing him more offensive freedom since we have Kucka and Guéde now in the midfield able to take on the deffensive duties. Other than that Stoch was really subpar, Weiss Jr. tried hard and had a few nice moments, but his typical losing the ball very easily moments were also present. Overall there were some stages of the game when you just had the feeling that we´re finally getting to see what this team really has the potential to do offensively.

Last note which has little to do with the qualification, what´s up with Slovak plaers and the Turkish league all of a sudden? Too much Šeherezáda influence.....?

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote