View Single Post
Old
09-03-2011, 07:41 AM
BraveCanadian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarek View Post
PP goals don't even come close to telling the whole story. So one guy has more goals because he shot more. Tomas Kaberle never shoots, yet he's considered among the best PP QBs in the league. Your passing ability, not shooting ability, is what makes you a dangerous PP player as a defenseman.
I already told you their shooting percentages are very similar. Also, Sargent shot more in less games so there goes that out the window right away.

I would say that both your passing ability and shooting ability (and other abilities) is what makes you a dangerous PP player. Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Kaberle is much less effective than he would be if he shot more because players can play the pass on him and be correct 99.9% of the time. I'm sure you know how often people would be screaming at their TV when he had the puck at the point SHOOOOOOOOT!!!!! And he would pass off into a worse position.

That being a bit beside the point, Sargent was also on the ice for less powerplay goals for in total despite playing in a higher scoring time.. even if you prorate the number of games. What is the excuse now?

BraveCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote