Thread: News Article: Redden will report to camp
View Single Post
Old
09-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
If I'm Redden, I have a giant pile of money already. I have my agent talk to Sather, get permission to talk to other teams? See if any (contending) team is interested in signing me for like a $1.5M contract. When I have a buyer, go back to Sather, arrange some series of events (like not reporting to camp or whatever) that allows the two to mutually terminate the contract and immediately sign with the new team. Everyone is happy and I am back in the NHL and hopefully on a team where I can help contribute towards a Stanley Cup run, like Detroit or San Jose or Vancouver, because while I have many millions of dollars, and while 6 more million would be nice, what I really want is a real chance at competing for Lord Stanley's Cup, a trophy I have dreamed about since I was a kid skating on my pond in my back yard. If I am Wade Redden, I do not sit by quietly and let someone else control my fate.
Why do you think this hasn't been done? I have no doubt that Ranger management would not stand in the way of having Redden resolve his own situation.

Maybe it's just that there are no other NHL teams willing to take the chance on Redden after having seen him play for the last 4-5 years.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote