View Single Post
Old
09-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Iwishihadacup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1home View Post
That is funny math there. Wiz was pretty big part of your drive for PO as it seen from here. He was very good overall, not even considering points. IF Markov comes back and plays to his potential, sure you might get what you missed in Wiz and it will only bring you back to LAST YEAR LEVEL, but what is probability of that? I would say 50/50. You?
let me guess, you never saw markov play didnt you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1home View Post
Eric Cole signing is really nothing to write home about. Yes, he was somewhat effective on Carolina like 6-10 years ago and if you play with Eric Staal your stats will be inflated, period. Do you have player as good as Eric Staal on Mtl? At this point I would say Eric Cole is best candidate to hear boo-birds by Christmas. And at 4.5M, eh?

Consider that Tor and Buf in division got stronger (to what degree is irrelevant at this point), there are also some teams that got better (Pit, NYR, Florida, TB, Was) and rest stayed more or less at the same level, but you would think young teams in NYI and Jets could be a bit better. I conclude that it will be harder to get points in the East This alone can affect standings and will ultimately be decided in favor of teams that can adjust to new realities.

Well, a lot of people here talk about how your team "built" (they have landed on the moon too); and some sort of intangibles that will magically bump team up in standings; and how % of realized chances will go up (again magically). I think it's maybe time to realize that some players on the team might be over their prime and it's reasonable to expect their production to go further down, not back up?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote