View Single Post
Old
09-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1home View Post
Chance that after injury and missed time he will be as effective and can play full healthy season is around 50%.
Again: what is this 50% based on?

Quote:
Cole was good player before his many injuries. Brind'Amour is not bad C either. Latest success points wise is completely work of Staal. Is it more clear now?
No, not at all. Because you said Cole was effective 6-10 years ago, which would be when he was on the BBC line--not with Staal. So were you exaggerating then?

Cole scored 26 goals and 52 points last season, and was among leaders in hits, and was highly effective on ES. How does that not constitute as a good, effective player?

Quote:

My point is more about leveling playing field. There will be less spread in points in the East and margin for mistakes will be smaller. How in this environment some people can predict any team other than maybe Was to make PO is beyond ridiculous.
Not really. Some teams are still noticeably better than others. I don't think there's anything beyond ridiculous about projections. Nothing's written in stone.

Quote:

It depends on who you think main contributors on your team are. Then you measure impact of relative increase or decrease. Who you think will significantly increase his goals total from young forwards?
I suspect Pacioretty, Eller and Desharnais will contribute more than they have. And the addition of Cole will be significant. More importantly: who do you expect to decrease their production?

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote