Old
09-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBruins View Post
According to Sunday Globe hockey notes

Yuri Alexandrov, the 37th overall pick in the 2006 draft by Boston, will play for St. Petersburg of the KHL this season. The Bruins recently assigned the defenseman to St. Petersburg, and the process is expected to be finalized shortly. Alexandrov will have two years remaining on his entry-level NHL contract if he wishes to return Stateside. Last year, in his first season of North American hockey, Alexandrov had 6 goals and 13 assists in 66 games for Providence. This year, the farm club will be stocked with defensemen, such as Andrew Bodnarchuk, Matt Bartkowski, Colby Cohen, David Warsofsky, and Ryan Button. A crowded blue line could have affected Alexandrov’s development had he stayed in Providence. “We felt he would be better served developing over there,’’ said Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli. “They’ve got a good team in St. Petersburg. I think he improved. He acclimated in his time in Providence. He stalled a bit at the end. We’re willing to have him develop over there.’’
Thanks for posting that. It does make sense, for Alexandrov and for the Bruins. I could see him staying if they didn't have such a logjam of prospects. The competition for time in Providence is going to be fierce.

And as misterjaggers points out, I'm sure Yury (and his wife) aren't complaining about his being assigned to St. Petersburg.

Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote