View Single Post
Old
09-04-2011, 02:42 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Another thing, is that this guy is talking about Cole like we're expecting 40 goals from him.

For a UFA who should score 25 goals if healthy and is fast as heck and hits a lot 4.5 million isn't any sort of horrible contract at all.

Buffalo, Boston and Montreal should be in a good fight for the division and all of them will likely make the playoffs.

Why are the Leafs even in this discussion? What is this the 5th or 6th year in a row wwhere they have the best defence in the league? Toronto could very easily be a bottom 5 team in the league next year. They sure as hell aren't a playoff team.
I really think Cole is going to open up that first line and create room for Pleks and Cammy, kind of in the same fashion that Pacioretty was doing for Gomez and Gionta. I like AK, but I don't find he was the best fit for that line at all especially with Cammy being on the line. AK is a big body that hits, but I wouldn't go as far as to put him in the same mold as Patches or Cole who are more tempted to crash the net and use their size to protect the puck. AK is better suited at a skill game where he can make a nice pass or get in a shooting lane (which is essentially Cammy's job on that first line). I found that's one of the reasons he worked well with Moen and Eller, Moen was doing a lot of the dirty work which allowed Kostitsyn to use his skill.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote