View Single Post
Old
09-04-2011, 05:07 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I don't have to justify or exaggerate anything. We had more significant injuries then them, and despite this we could have just as easily been the ones advancing to the next round despite all the "toughness" that Boston has over us.

I am over the loss to Boston, I was simply making a point that we could go toe-to-toe with them anytime despite the fact they are arguably the toughest team in the league and we are one of the least. My original post made specific reference to the shot AK took in OT, which ultimately trickled wide. A bounce one way or another could have changed the entire 2011 playoff picture, but that's hockey and I'm not naive enough to believe stuff like that won't happen time and time again or that we haven't been the beneficiary of such luck before as well. If that shot goes in, and we get by Boston, are we still talking about a lack of toughness despite defeating arguably, the toughest team in the league despite those injuries? Because in my eyes that's all it comes down to. Game 7, OT, one shot. You don't get that close if your team is that flawed, as it is according to some people.
and cup champs dont need 3 OT to beat you in a best of 7 if their team is that much better than yours.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote