View Single Post
Old
09-04-2011, 05:19 PM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
The enforcers are both taking huge hits and receiving punches to the head. That's my point.

BTW, I'm not jumping to conclusions at all. I know what I'm talking about. You're saying that depression is a treatable illness, ok fine. What about the brain lesions underlying the impairments those players are suffering?
My point is 3 fighters have died, one was an accidental overdose of mixing pain killers with alcohol, another suffered from depression since adolescence and the last one Belak, I don't really know. I'm not saying that it may not be related, but the only hockey player I have ever heard of being diagnosed with CTE was Bob Probert and he died from a heart attack.

Sure these guys fight and suffer hits, so do many others. Many suffer hits to the head without ever fighting and many commit suicide without ever taken a blow to the head. There is very little evidence, if any at all, linking these deaths to playing hockey. We might find out later on they all suffered from CTE, but that information hasn't been released to this point, at least, not that I'm aware of. We have around 5 instances over many, many, many years.

You can act like you know what's going on and why this happened, but the truth is, no one really knows what these guys were going through in their personal life or what they went through during their childhood, that could be just as easily responsible for their choices as the blows to the head, probably more so.

Last edited by habsjunkie2*: 09-04-2011 at 05:27 PM.
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote