View Single Post
Old
10-24-2003, 02:08 AM
AK-47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
I agree with all of your points but this one. Theo sure looks good but look what happened when the habs left him on his own against the sens. He got shelled. He sure is playing better than last year and his stats might even be better than in 01-02 (ok I may be pushing it) but I wouldn't even say he is like he was in 01-02. He was the ONLY reason why won games 2 seasons ago. Right now the reason why we are winning is because of the defenseman , the system, the players buying into it and playing as a team.

Before the season begin I said the key wasn't even Theo playing as he did in 01-02. I said he just needed to play better than last year. And I still believe that.
Honestly, the team has played very good defensive hockey and limited a lot of the numerous scoring chances of the past. Thus, Théodore and Garon haven't had to steal a game so far.

Against the isles, most of the shots on goal had to be from the perimeter. Still, a few good chances, but nonetheless most of those théo should've and did stop.