View Single Post
Old
09-04-2011, 09:54 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1home View Post
I'm not comparing them. It's more about what if Price is not all-star performer, but his usual self. How many games Price stolen last year? 6-12? It's like 12-24 points. If you are serious you need him at least to repeat this year to show that he is for real. 100 wins... Big deal...
Usual self? What a ridiculous comment, some people think we are arrogant.

While I think you are probably just trolling, you lose all credibility when comparing Reimer and Price. Reimer might be a great goalie but he might be a complete flash in the pan. I think for Leaf fans to hold him out as the savior and one of the key reasons that they are a playoff contender is also the same reason I see him struggling this year. Guy had no pressure last year, none. This year he will feel it from the media and overzealous fans if he has a bad stretch, which he will. 7 year playoff drought and the city is getting restless....

I still see Toronto's goaltending as a weakness going into this season. Gustavson has been less than spectacular in his young career and if Reimer starts to struggle what then?

Was there a player in the NHL that had more pressure than Price last year? I doubt it, and the guy excelled. He has only been in the league a few years so it is expected to have an up and down learning curve but it looks to me like he is only getting better, sucks for the rest of the East. Carey is an all-star and one of the top 5 goalies in the league, I'll take his usual self any day.

And the Habs are a lock for the playoffs, every credible outlet thinks so as well. You have absolutely no idea who Andrei Markov and Josh Gorges are, and what they mean to this team. Leaf fans get so caught up in individual player stats and hang their hats on them because frankly that is the only thing they can hang on to these days. Montreal is a classic case where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, 4 straight years in the playoffs and imo this team is better than the last 4, no way they miss.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote