View Single Post
Old
09-05-2011, 12:50 AM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

I am amazed at the lack of understanding regarding depression.

Depressed people cannot have "a logical reason to feel" the way they do. Depression is not a matter of logical thinking. It is a DISEASE caused by an imbalance in the levels of neurotransmitters in the brain.

You cannot will your way out of depression. Support from friends and family will not change the organic nature of the disease. Yes, it helps to have support from friends and family but the disease is still there.

There is a HUGE stigma associated with depression. Your post (and I dont mean to be negative towards you) illustrates that fact very clearly. "Rypien should have been more logical in his thinking." "He has a great life so he should not be depressed.", etc and so on.

Yet Rick Rypien could not control any of that on his own. There are fantastic drugs that help fight depression. Some cause side effects that lead to people discontinuing their meds. Some people stop taking them for whatever reason.

Please learn a little bit about the disease called depression. It is more than being a little bit down and feeling blue. It is a serious disease.
I am even more amazed at people's lack of reading comprehension skills.

Lets take a look at what you said

Quote:
Depressed people cannot have "a logical reason to feel" the way they do. Depression is not a matter of logical thinking.
now lets take a look at what I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Rypien has by all accounts suffered from depression, he's been fighting it for years, to him, there is no logical reason for him to feel that way, he had a great life by society's standards, had his teammates and organization support him through his ordeal but he still feels like crap, then he sees the adoration and support that Boogard got when he died.
I said exactly what you did about depression, that the person suffering from depression isn't having logical feelings.

Quote:
There is a HUGE stigma associated with depression. Your post (and I dont mean to be negative towards you) illustrates that fact very clearly. "Rypien should have been more logical in his thinking." "He has a great life so he should not be depressed.", etc and so on.
I never said what you claim I said in quotation mark, its a 100% COMPLETE FABRICATION by you and your lack of reading comprehension skills.

In the future, before you try to rip people apart, why don't you take the time to actually read what people say. Don't be so quick to judge and act all high and mighty.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote