View Single Post
Old
09-05-2011, 05:25 AM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
We have more depth this year than we did last year. We won't need Price to steal us as many games as he did last year.

I don't expect him to put up a .923 sv% again, I expect it to be more likely in the .913-.922 range. Even in his "horrible" season, his sv% was considerably better than it was the year before, he just didn't get the goal support that year. It was an anomoly.

The Habs had a tonne of holes last year, we lacked top 6 talent and we had injuries, I think the team over performed as a whole even though almost half the team had lackluster years.
The thing with Price is that if you track is performance month by month rather than year by year it becomes pretty clear that he's a consistantly strong goaltender that's hit some rough patches rather than some one whose gone on a few lucky runs.

As far as the Cole Staal debate goes. Staal has consistantly been the guy that Carolina sends out to counter other team's best lines. So really its probably harder to produce numbers playing with Staal than on Carolina's secondary line which see much softer minutes. Skinner and Ruutu were big beneficiaries of that last season.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote