Old
09-06-2011, 12:02 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Am I the only one that is sick of this crud? Hockey has been a contact sport for over a hundread years and all throughout that time, guys have dropped the gloves. That is as much a part of the game as a smooth deke or a great, sprawling glove save.

Three players have died and the hockey community is in uproar. Silly.

I hate to pile this on Dany Heatley, but he was in a car crash that seriously wounded him and killed his friend and team mate, Dan Snyder. Poor Luc Bourdon lost his life in a motorcycle accident. Should hockey players no longer be able to drive as a result? Of course not! That would be ludicrus. Much like taking fighter away from a sport that has had this element longer than any of us here have been alive. Nobody here or in the press knows why Belak and Rypien took their own lives and Boogaard's death was the result of drug addiction. There has not been a single tie from any of these three cases from a professional (doctor etc.) that solidly states that this was the direct result from the game of hockey.

Fighters seldom get hurt in a fight. Players have a far greater chance of injury from blindside hits THAT grew in number once the NHL brought in the fighting instigator joke rule.

As per Ryan White ; you can tell that he, like many other players in his role, love what they do. Oh oh oh but White was a prolific scorer in junior... yeah, so was Latendresse and what has he done since then?
Honestly, did you read the thread?

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote