Thread: News Article: McKeen's
View Single Post
Old
09-06-2011, 10:14 AM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I thought he was supposed to be a beast on the PK? Not trying to contradict either report, but I feel like I'm getting two different stories now.
I don't see any contradiction here. Being a beast on the PK doesn't necessarily mean you're a beast defensively.

Kovalev wasn't a bad PKer during his career, but he wasn't sound defensively overall. Just an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You may be disillusioned when you realize that Cole isn't a savior. and that old age may catch up to him before the expiration of his contract. I hope Martin is able to take full advantage of Cole's strengths before that happens.
I agree with your observation. People, I think, are overestimating the fact that he just had his best goal scoring season and that he had lots of Hits last year.

The fact is he's slower than he was and his hits are often "late hits" like Latendresse's hits were.

That said, I do think he's a great catch by the Habs because he brings many elements missing on the top 6. But Let's hope it pays during the first 2 years of his contract because I think his utility will go down pretty fast after that.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 09-06-2011 at 10:24 AM. Reason: merged
LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote