View Single Post
Old
09-06-2011, 11:35 AM
faulkingdynamic
J Troll

vCash: 500
I think plenty of people, including myself have a hard time exactly placing Dumoulin on the list because of the system he is playing in. Im sure i sound like a broken record on this but it is easy to hide warts in Dumo's game because of how conservative they are in their own end under York. Their forwards go deep into the zone and take alot of the pressure off of the dmen. Im not saying he cant do it just that it is hard to place him in a ranking without being able to see him do the heavy lifting on the backend. I view it kind of like the Cam Newton situation...the dude clearly has alot of tools but we havent been able to see him use them in a more prostyle setting. Its essentially the same thing we said about Faulk. We were happy to see him come out because his college system was going to hinder his learning curve and we needed to see the kid work in our system. I think this is part of the reason we see Faulk ranked higher.

That said, im not comparing York's system to the system Faulk played under. Dumo will clearly come out with a solid grasp of defensive concepts and principles. The foundation will be set and ready to build on.

faulkingdynamic is offline   Reply With Quote