Old
09-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Edges7

vCash: 500
The Lomberg Way: Why the OHL Should be Concerned About the USHL

http://jrhockeyrecruit.com/2011/08/t...n-lomberg-way/

Extracts from JRHís Interview with Ryan Lomberg:

THE USHL

JHR: Having been drafted to play in the OHL and having the OJHL as an option, what made you consider the USHL?

Lomberg: Foremost, it was the skill level in the league.

My advisors and coaches really pushed the USHL option. I definately was thinking about playing in the OJHL just because it was a lot closer to home, but at the end of the day its all about developing and improving your skills. My family, advisors and I thought the USHL was the best place to do that.

I choose the USHL mainly because it is really similar to the OHL and you can maintain your eligibility to play college hockey in the NCAA. I have committed (verbally) to play for the University of Maine Black Bears.

JHR: How did the Muskegon Lumberjacks find you?

Lomberg: They scouted me at the 2011 Muskegon Winter Showcase. Hill Academy entered the tournament, likely because Frank Pietrangelo, one of our coaches, used to play for the Muskegon Lumberjacks in the USHL.

Muskegon is such a beautiful town. The arena was awesome and the facilities were great. The coaching staff and ownership were nice and welcoming to me. I knew I wanted to be a Lumberjack right there and then.

I developed a lot of skills and got a lot stronger with Hill Academy. I think Iíll be able to step into USHL action and contribute right away.

The NCAA
JRH: Having committed to playing at Maine have you written the SATís?

Lomberg: Yes Iíve written the SATís. Academics are very important to me. I plan on majoring in Business. But this coming season in Muskegon Iím going to be completing my high school online. I only need 4 more credits because I took two summer school courses.

Edges7 is offline   Reply With Quote