Old
09-06-2011, 01:21 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice92 View Post
Hi,

Oiler fan here. I will be traveling for work to Cincinnati in a couple of weeks. I was hoping I might be able to catch a preseason game in Columbus but it looks not promising since I will be in Cincinnati on Wed Sept 21, it would probably be a long drive at night and I will probably have to wake up early on Thursday. Say if I wanted to go how much could I pick up a preseason ticket for? I would be looking for something cheaper. Could I just show up at the game and scalpers will sell cheap tickets?

I was also thinking of going to either Columbus or Indianapolis for the weekend. I have never been to Ohio or Kentucky. I'm wondering what would be a better choice? I'm looking to sight-see mostly. Take pictures.

Thanks a lot

Mike
Elsewhere in this thread you'll find suggestions for some of the many things to do around Columbus. For sightseeing, I'd put the Statehouse high on your list, as well as German Village, Franklin Park Consevatory, and the Art Museum. OSU campus has the Wexner Center, which often features modern or avant garde exhibits, as well as thousands of young, fit, "sights" for every taste (it's the largest campus in America). Indy's nice, too, but I'd suggest sticking with Ohio!