Thread: Confirmed with Link: Canucks invite G Manny Legace to Training Camp
View Single Post
Old
09-06-2011, 03:29 PM
biturbo19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Like I posted in the Steve Begin thread...

This OBVIOUSLY means Schneider is being traded for Parise. I heard that Parise bought a house in West Vancouver.
i lol'd.

but seriously, as others have mentioned. i'm sure this is just a combination of a)the Canucks having use for a vet body in net for the preseason, trying to give Luongo and even Schneider some rest after the long playoff drive and short offseason, and b)Legace probably didn't have a whole ton of takers even on a tryout basis, as he's likely fishing for an AHL job at best right now...and as far as organizations go, the Canucks seem like a pretty solid destination to take a shot at rekindling a career. After all, we've seen guys like Schaefer stick (albeit for a very short while), and guys like B.Mo and Scatchard have parlayed their tryouts into contracts elsewhere. so you know that other teams aren't afraid to watch Canucks preseason and scoop guys up if they do anything noticeable.

Already having 4 goalies to run with in the preseason may seem like a lot, but by the time you factor in the limited action Luongo will likely see, and the fact that Schneider's preseason will probably be somewhat scaled back as well...you're left with Climie and Lack as your guys, neither of whom have any significant NHL experience. So at least with Legace, you're getting someone who knows the ropes to sit back there behind what could be a very youth-heavy d-corps for a lot of the preseason, rather than throwing in a goaltender who is still learning the ropes themselves.

Could be a good move for both parties.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote