View Single Post
Old
09-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Max Levine

vCash: 500
If Gauthier/Martin haven't hired a guy like Madden yet, it means they have a Plan A. They are either figuring Desharnais or Eller will center that 4th line, or they want to take a good look at Engqvist. If they are satisfied with what Engqvist (anyone else hesitating when typing those four consecutive consonants?) can bring, I guess Martin will have Eller and Desharnais on the 3rd line knowing he could use them on the 4th in certain situations.

Mike Grier is someone I would have liked but he doesn't take draws. Ryan White would have to play at center and I'm not sure this would be the best solution. On top of that, one of Moen/Darche/White would have to be left aside to make room for Grier.

$4M is too much yet someone like Ecklund insists the Habs are trying to get rid of Scott Gomez salary. We would then end up with something like $7M and trade for... Crosby? Malkin? Lecavalier? It's fun to discuss potential trades and players value but I doubt Habs management is actually talking trades nowadays.

If Engqvist makes the team, PG will dispose parts of his $4M before deadline if need be.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote