View Single Post
Old
09-07-2011, 03:11 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I go to Marshall University, and after our catastrophe in 1970, I thought this was the case, that they separated the team into 2-3 planes. (until recently, of course)

I wonder if this will force change in the sports world when it comes to traveling. I also wonder if this will cause players to hesitate climbing onto a plane now.

This could have a widespread effect. The whole tragedy is just mind-numbing
Here's Bryzgalov's take...

Quote:
Bryzgalov said the crash won’t make flying any easier.

It’s very dangerous. We fly a lot, and sometimes we’re flying through a storm and the plane was shaking so hard - and you start thinking, 'Oh my God. Please, no.' "

Quote:
New Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, who lives in Moscow - about a 3˝-hour drive, he said, from the crash site - talked in a quiet, measured tone about the victims and their families.

"It's a tragedy. I know lots of guys on the team," Bryzgalov said. "It's a big loss for everyone."

Bryzgalov downplayed the fact that the crash occurred in his homeland.

"It doesn’t matter in what country (it happened)," he said. "We are all people and we all understand what kind of tragedy it is ... sudden death. It's different than when old people die. When young people die like that, it's tough to accept because they were full of life. Most of them have small kids."

Bryzgalov’s voice filled with emotion and turned into a whisper.

"It’s just difficult," he said.
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...#ixzz1XIcLcyI0

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote