View Single Post
Old
09-07-2011, 10:28 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
I don't know why every proposal involves Despres, don't get me wrong, I like the guy and I think he is a great player. I just thought about some things and thought it could work.

Jarred Tinordi is a defenseman from Minnesota which the Penguins seem to like (Alex Goligoski, Matt Niskanen and Paul Martin), he also plays for the London Knights which is where the Penguins seem to like to scout defensemen (Reid McNeil and Scott Harrington). He is also a tall, gritty defenseman would fit the Penguins well.

Simon Despres is from Quebec, he is a good puck moving defenseman which the Habs could use and the Penguins could spare because the Pens have a good lineup of PMD's (Letang, Martin, Michalek, Niskanen) and if Tinordi ever came here, he could be that stay at home defenseman to play with Matt Niskanen.

Not saying this will ever happen, I like Despres and I'm sure Montreal wants to keep Tinordi, it just seems like it would work for both teams.
The problem is that he is also what the Habs need, we have no big stay at home d-men for the future, we have too many pucking moving D-men, Markov/Subban/Weber, and now Beaulieu.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote