View Single Post
Old
09-07-2011, 11:24 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
There will always be white-knuckle passengers, Wayne Gretzky was one. John Madden (football, not hockey) is well-known for his fears.

The reasons for some vary: Claustrophobia, unwillingness to have a complete stranger in control, turbulence, the fear of the unknown, etc. But flying is incredibly safe, especially when you consider the amount of travel; that said, the regulations vary from nation to nation.

I knew someone who died in the Sioux City, Iowa crash; the video is on Youtube. That crash has been well-documented and the pilot (his crew and others) was heroic and miraculous to help save so many lives.
Oh I absolutely know it's the safest form of travel and know there is no other way in a major professional league with such long seasons. It's also the most catastrophic though. There is no in between. I have no facts in front of me, but I would guess that 99% of people who are victims of a plane crash (large or small planes) die.

Some potential good news out of this:

@dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov
Quote:
Galimov is still alive. SovSport reporters are telling me the light is on in the windows of his hospital room
(35 mins ago)

I've been away from the news for the past 9 hours, but before I left for work, Galimov was ruled dead from his burns. So I'm not sure which is the case.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote