View Single Post
Old
09-08-2011, 12:06 AM
jarek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Did jarek just say that Brian Campbell did nothing of note in Chicago's Cup win?

Does this mean we finally know the answer to markrander's question?

Seriously man, it was barely more than a year ago. You don't remember how Chicago's usually dominant puck possession game went to crap when Campbell was injured? They relied on him to carry the puck possession duties when Keith/Seabrook weren't on the ice.
Alright.. and what did he do with that puck? Got a whole 5 points. I would expect a guy that was playing around with the puck that much to get more than 5 points. Moreover, the entire Chicago team must have totally forgotten how to play without Campbell, because he only played 17 minutes at ES. Are you telling me that they forgot how to move the puck for the other 43 minutes as well?

This was not an all time great post season run for Campbell. At all. Nothing will change my opinion of this.

EDIT: He missed the first 3 games of the playoffs. This is hardly enough of a sample size to say that their entire puck possession game went to **** because he wasn't playing. There are a multitude of reasons why this happened. I would like to direct you to how badly Vancouver schooled Chicago in games 1-3 last playoffs, only to win the next 3. Who were they missing then that made them forget how to play hockey for those games?

jarek is offline   Reply With Quote