View Single Post
Old
09-08-2011, 12:14 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Since jarek apparently spent the spring of 2010 blacked out, here's an article to remind us about how important Campbell was to Chicago. I had forgotten the details myself, but the article jogged my memory:

Campbell missed the last 14 games of the season from a broken collarbone caused by an Ovechkin hit. He missed the first few games of the playoffs and Chicago went down to Nashville in the first round. Campbell's return was credited with turning things around for Chicago in the first round:

He was eased back into the lineup, hence the relatively low average minutes (much lower than his regular season average), but his impact was large, at least in the first round after he returned.

Quote:
And has time has progressed, Campbell has become more and more comfortable and in synch with the game.

"By the Vancouver series I started to feel comfortable," Campbell said. "I didn't notice it anymore. Now, I don't do anything special with it anymore."

"His addition to the rush and his pace to the game and joining the offensive zone really gives our team some speed and more puck possession," Hawks coach Joel Quenneville told Tim Sassone of the Arlington Heights Daily Herald. "We really noticed his addition when we got him in Game 4 in Nashville. It turned the series around for us with his energy and pace. It was a big boost for our team, and the timing of when we got him back couldn't have been better."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/0...#ixzz1XKpIpmIY

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote