Thread: OT: Kronwall expectations
View Single Post
Old
09-08-2011, 08:48 AM
FabricDetails

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I think the Wings will play a lot of Ian White early. Once Kronwall signs, Kronwall will get his IT and start producing like crazy.
I can see how they would think that for the purposes of the salary cap but I think the more important issue is recovering the production of the now retired Rafalski. I feel like the Wings would rather count on Kronwall to lead that operation than Ian White, regardless of the contract negotiations. Production like Rafalski's seems to require a good and early start. Playing Ian White a lot early on is a plausible experiment but the Wings need to win and I'm sure they want to put their best foot forward since they seem to be big believers in the 20-25 games benchmark.

I believe Kronwall is the main guy for that issue and I think that if he stays healthy he'll step up because he senses that the team really needs him and it's a contract year for him. It'd definitely be a luxury if Ian White were to burst right out of the gate and potentially soften the hit Kronwall's future cap hit will cause but I think the biggest story this year in terms of the dmen is a promotion for Kronwall, especially with Lidstrom's retirement on the near horizon.

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote