Thread: Kilger/Langdon
View Single Post
Old
10-24-2003, 08:31 AM
Subban Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Jason Ward seems to click very well with Chad Kilger. Maybe this is because playing with another big body really brings out the best in them. After a couple of games to date, it seems that Ward also fits alongside Steve Begin. Noting our lack of size down the middle, I think that a Begin - Kilger - Ward fourth line is very nice.

Langdon may play 30-40 games against tougher teams, because I don't think an above average goon needs to be dressed every game. He is, although, a great guy to look to when Julien knows he needs a little extra pop.

It seems Perreault will have an off night, only to return with one of his usual pretty goals from the slot. I think playing him with Koivu, a guy who can find him quite easily, would maybe continue to bring out the production from Yanic. Throw Ryder onto the LW, and, voila, we have our second scoring line.

Here would be my line-up, SopelFan.

A : #73 Mike Ryder - #11 Saku Koivu - #94 Yanic Perreault
B : #81 Marcel Hossa - #71 Ribeiro - #20 Richard Zednik
3 : #38 Jan Bulis - #90 Joey Juneau - #24 Andy Dackell
4 : #22 Steve Begin - #25 Chad Kilger - #17 Jason Ward

Yes, Perreault's faceoffs are key, but Saku's got a better overall game, hence he's the number one pivot. Perreault and Ryder are on opposite wings, but I think this suits them better. Perreault, a left shot, is more open to the one timer if he is on the right. This works well because Ryder, as we have all seen by now, likes to drive down the left side. He than either releases his killer shot, or flips a nice little pass over to YP. As a bonus for Saku, he plays with two thirds of the team's snipers, both of whom have great shots.
I like that but what can we do with Audette...