Thread: OT: OT Thread 16
View Single Post
Old
09-08-2011, 10:38 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Personally, I've always hated the general OT thread. It's always felt like a sandbox where the kids just make a mess. It seemed impossible for people to separate the tone of the OT thread from other threads. I am glad that it's closing down and I'm sure that once people are done being bummed out and hockey starts again we'll all be appreciative of the high level of discussion that HFBoards are known for.

That being said, I think there is no reason to get rid of NFL, NBA, MLB, and Soccer threads. They do nothing to encourage juvenile behavior and I really value them because I often find out what it's like to be on the other side of a debate with posters who I'm usually in agreement with. That only fosters more respect for our fellow posters IMO AND it's near impossible to find message boards for other sports that are anywhere near the level of HFBoards.

Secondarily, I'm also in favor of bringing back a video game specific thread as it is directly about hockey. Playing online with fellow posters from this Rangers board is a great way of getting to know posters. I'd understand if people disagree though.

It's unfortunate that we all have to suffer because a select few couldn't control themselves.