View Single Post
Old
09-09-2011, 05:55 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
It's of course impossible to know, but I think it's a good guess that for most europeans going the CHL-route is a bad choice (for some it probably was a good idea like for example Landeskog). When players leave for NA at a early age it also drains the domestic junior leagues for talent. This leads to junior leagues of poor quality that doesn't produce many good players. This is probably a piece of the puzzle to what happend to the development program in Cech republic.

MHL seems to be a great idea to me, a good professionaly runned junior league in Europe. Sweden had the same chance with Superelit, to try to market the league, make it attractive for the best juniors in Europe and so on, but there seems to be no interest in that.

Isn't MHL trying to have too many teams though? (KHL has the same problem too I think) I for one think that the quality of a league is increased when theres fewer teams, since theres more competition over the spots, better games between more equal opponents and no easy games anymore.
Totally agreed with you here.

And the KHL should have 20 teams or so,for a few years,and see where it goes.

I believe that NHL also would have bennefit with fewer teams,let`s say max 24?

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote