View Single Post
Old
09-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Yakushev72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Totally agreed with you here.

And the KHL should have 20 teams or so,for a few years,and see where it goes.

I believe that NHL also would have bennefit with fewer teams,let`s say max 24?
I totally agree that the NHL and KHL have too many teams. There is just not enough talent available on the World stage, mainly because of the devastation to European hockey that you have described as a result of "overfishing" European waters. Since European countries do not have the opportunity to benefit from the fruits of their investment when their products leave to go to NA, it gives them much less incentive to continue investing in development.

In regard to the MHL, I support having 30 to 36 teams, mainly because I think it allows for competitive developmental opportunities for a larger number of Russian kids. For many years, it has been a problem for large numbers of Russian kids to get the opportunity to learn and develop in a competitive environment. The CHL, for example, has 60 teams that ultimately feed fresh talent into a 30-team NHL. If the KHL had 20 teams, which is a good number, I think there should be at least 36 high calibre junior teams feeding talent to the KHL. Having tiers or levels of competition would help even more.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote