View Single Post
Old
09-09-2011, 03:55 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
What? You need to check your facts before you state the facts.
I stated the actual numbers... 57% is "around half" and 75% is "most" so what is wrong with jarek's facts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I don't think Ehrhoff is a top 10 defenseman in the NHL. But more writers thought he had a top 10 season than did for Sargent...

I know what you're trying to do - you're trying to say "look everyone, TDMM thinks Ehrhoff is a top 10 defenseman, isn't that crazy?" This is, of course a smoke screen that obscures the facts that:

-you don't have to be a top 10 defenseman to have a top 10 season
-more writers thought Ehrhoff had a top season than thought Sargent did

Ehrhoff doesn't have to be a top 10 defenseman to be better than Sargent.

Lot's of nitpicking the flaws of modern players while ignoring the flaws of older players in this thread.
I think you're really misrepresenting me here. You don't know, and neither do I, how many writers thought Sargent or Ehrhoff had a top-10 season, because their ballots were just 3-5 votes long! We know that in their three combined singificant seasons of voting, a combined five voters thought they had top-3 seasons - and we both know that is not true!

sorry, but this response was unnecessarily short and dismissive. Read that section again. There is lots there and you jumped on it too fast.

There's too much "competitor" being thrown my way and not nearly enough "working together to find the answers"...

seventieslord is online now   Reply With Quote