View Single Post
09-09-2011, 03:27 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
There's too much "competitor" being thrown my way and not nearly enough "working together to find the answers"...
I guess I'm just not taking kindly to nitpicking of the flaws of modern players/coaches (Campbell, Ehrhoff, Julien) while glossing over the flaws of older players. I realize that it's more Jarek doing it than you, but you're not exactly avoiding piling on.

Perhaps I'll try to formulate a more detailed response to the long discussion later, but basically I agree with you.

I don't consider 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th in voting to actually mean someone was the 6th, etc, best defenseman that season.

I honestly don't know how seriously writers take votes after the first two places - I know a lot of them just throw their 3rd place, (or 4th or 5th) place votes to a guy they like who they feel deserves to be recognized. And that's fine.

I think the lower Norris point totals are a good estimate of guys who writers thought deserved some kind of recognition in those seasons. I certainly don't think Ehrhoff's limited recognition for the last two seasons is out of line with historical trends.

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 09-09-2011 at 03:38 PM.
TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote