View Single Post
Old
09-09-2011, 05:47 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Depends on what you mean by "end of the season". He had more pts in November as he did in March. Sure, his best month was February, but I don't see how that indicates a great end of the season that would have some sort of carryover effect.

Did he not work with coaches before? Do other players in the league not work with coaches on how better to use their bodies? It may indeed help him, but to count on it is a reach.

Look, Berglund is a fine young player and you have every reason to be happy with him. There's no way in hades you'd deal him for a junk proposal like the one offered. I just don't see him as a 70 pt player this year. I'd even be willing to wager on it.
Near the end of the season, his play using the "eye test" was a lot better. Not judging from points, his all-round game was the best it had ever been. If he can build on that, he should have a big year.

I think Mellanby and Berglund just have a better connection than Berglund has had with the other coaches. Not all players mesh with all coaches, just like how all players don't mesh with all players. Gretzky and Hull didn't form chemistry on the ice, so I don't think Berglund has found that magical chemistry with a coach until Mellanby came.

70 points would be a major jump, but that is probably a more optimistic view. I am expecting him to get at least 60 points and anything else would be gravy.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote