View Single Post
Old
09-09-2011, 07:27 PM
adsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
let me agree with third man in here...

I think Hillen makes the team out of camp. I won't say 100% he does, but barring a total failure of a camp, I think he is that Bouillon type vet that we need on the third pair. Like it or not, weber, suter, and klein are vets now, no matter how young they are. I thought all along that ellis and josi wouldn't both make the squad starting out. I thought Ekholm could have been paired with one of them, but he may not be ready for that 3rd pair, tough dman role yet.

As for Beck, I think he could make the team. While not as dynamic as Radulov, Beck is doing the same thing Radu did, which is most times he had an opportunity to play in front of the Nashville brass, he did well. All the rookie camps and main camps I have seen, he has always stood out. Needed to work on his skating a bit. He really reminds me of hartnell to be honest. I think we are at a point to where if Beck has an awesome camp, not a good one, but an awesome one, he finds a way on the team, even at the expense of a veteran. The compitition for the four bottom six spots (outside of spaling and smithson) between tootoo, geoffrion, halischuk, smith, beck, bergfors/wilson (whoever doesn't crack the top six), stortini, and O'reilly will be fun to watch. Will the kids get sent down? more than likely, yes. We will be sending some quality talent to play in MIL for sure.
Sounds good to me!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote