10-09-2005, 02:46 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Predsfan
YES!!!!!!!

Beautiful shot by Kariya.

Man...you've got to feel a little sorry for Anaheim fans. That's got to be like a dagger to the heart.
i don't feel sorry for them, at all. In fact, I relished in the fact Kariya scored that girl. Hope it stung.

As for the game, I thought it was pretty sloppy on our part. That first power play was...easily....one of our top five worst power plays of all time. The Ducks had more shorthanded chances in that PP than we had chances being up a man. From that point, the PP improved. For whatever reason, it just seemed like one of our cylinders was misfiring tonight. We couldn't sustain our forecheck, couldn't clear the zone on theirs, couldn't get any traffic in front of the net...and when we could, the puck fluttered harmlessly to the outside where it was immediately cleared. The POSITIVE that I saw tonight...and this is in continuation from the San Jose game...our penalty kill is about as good as I've ever seen it. The Ducks fared a bit better than the Sharks at getting set up, but it was still mostly harmless. Giguere played a strong game when we got good shots. First goal against...not much to do about that. Rebound pops out, Perry shoots the puck over to Pahlsson who buries it. The second Ducks goal was some bad luck from Erat. He dove to swing the puck back into the zone and whiffed, allowing the Ducks to get the odd-man advantage...bad luck on Vokoun, Sykora's shot hit the pipe and bounced in. The shootout was encouraging, although I think they've got to find another shooter that isn't Sullivan. His penalty shot history is dreadful, and he's nothing special on the breakaway, either. I'd rather see Walker, Legwand or Johnson out there...but maybe Trotz is trying to give a few different guys a chance. As for what Basher said, I disagree that Legwand had a bad\so-so game. I think he was, overall, our best player tonight. I also think that with the exception of the goals, Perreault was awful. I said to my brother, "The best way to ruin a forecheck....give the puck to Perreault." I'll hand it to him...that first goal was a beautiful shot. The second one was more a gift from Sullivan that squeaked through Giguere. Suter looked MUCH better, and in fact, I thought he was second only to Hamhuis as our best defenseman tonight. Hammer played a MONSTER game, and I thought Zidlicky was awesome at both ends of the ice, as well. He's running with the PK time. Speaking of the PK again, Nichol looked great out there. The fourth line tonight...worlds better than the "What the hell are doing?" fourth line of the other night. Hordichuk, Nichol and Stevenson were really banging out there. They seemed to be the only line that could hold the zone...though they couldn't do much WITH it. Encouraging to see, at any rate.

All in all, not our best game, but a fun one anyway...and we came out with 2 points against one of the better teams(IMO) in the West. Also, for the moment...don't look now...but we're tied for the lead in the West...with none other than the hated Dead Things