View Single Post
Old
09-10-2011, 12:16 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
Big name players put up big time points. That is what the preds are missing to become a great team. Kariya was a great player but he was surrounded by role players.

Last season The preds were clearly lacking scoring. You can't have a team full of 15-20 goal scorers and expect them to step it up in the playoffs especially in the west. It doesn't happen. You need a work horse on offense who makes the players around him elevate their games. Nashville was one of the lowest scoring teams in the west last season and only made the playoffs by a few points. You can't keep having a team who drafts mid range, just makes the playoffs, go out in the first 2 rounds and expect Fans to flood the seats. It's either you can afford to run the team or you can't.

Like I said before I got banned from this page Weber is an elite Dman, the kind you build around, but I don't think he is confident in the management. That's why he is asking for a crazy amount on his contract. I don't think he hates Nashville but when I said that he wants to play in a hockey market it's because there is the support from the fans and management to win at all costs. Sorry I have a different opinion on him but it is still my opinion. Nashville is missing elite players plain and simple. Fisher was a glorified 3rd liner on a bad team when he was in ottawa and you traded a first and a third for the guy. Great move for us not so much for a team looking for a boost.

Looks like the Preds will only be able to budget around the players they already have because many will be due for a raise. Kostitsyn, Suter, Rinne, Weber will be getting more money next season. Where's the room to improve the team? Ottawa had a budget too before the cap and we drafted very good to the point were we had to trade away players like Hossa, Havlat, Yashin because of the money. We let Chara walk and still made the finals.

You can say I don' know Nashville but I know hockey.
From your posts I can unequivocally state that you don't know the financial realities of hockey in Nashville. Your approach would have the same result for Nashville that it had in Ottawa .... bankruptcy.

The Predators lacked scoring in one area ... 5on4. Ottawa lacked scoring last season with 23 fewer goals than the Preds. The Preds are one of four teams with 40+ wins every season since the lockout. Your Sens can't say the same thing. I suggest applying your cookie cutter, generalization filled "logic" to your Sens.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote