View Single Post
Old
10-24-2003, 09:56 AM
StanleyCH25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Many reasons, imo, for the turn around. The biggest ones being:

-Claude Julien. The guy is a good coach. He has brought in the right system. He has done everything you could ask from a coach at this point in the season.

-Jose Theodore. His play is absolutely solid. I find it funny how he plays 5 straight solid games, and people still talk about the one game his teammates left him high and dry.

-The great defensive improvement. This might be the biggest of them all. Adding Souray and Hainsey/Boullion over Traverse & Dhykuis is a mojor +. Brisebois has elevated his game. The defenceman seem to be working in a system that suits them better than the Micheal Terrien 'run around like a chicken with you head cut off' system.
Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

I alsot believe that one point that hasn't been mentionned much is Bob Gainey's statement to the fans. I don't know if it can be considered much of a turnaround but I feel that Gainey's reproach to the fans booing for no reason has also helped wake up all fans. The fans that boo seem to have quieted down and the fans who for some time now just sat quietly and watched on seem to have started to really cheer on the team which helps you play better when your on the ice and you feel all that crowd energy feeding you.