View Single Post
Old
09-10-2011, 01:59 PM
matt trick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
You will all note that the "Sobchenko spot", which has been left blank, has a vote. Nem has asked for us not to vote for it, but I did run it by him before I voted for it.

I voted for it on behalf of all of us, so that while we look forward at San Jose's future prospects there is still thoughts of looking back at a young man and his teammates taken from us at a far too young age.
I would further like to add that there is no doubt in my mind that Sobchenko was one of our top 20 prospects, and IMO, deserves to be remembered on the list. He would have been a great Shark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
They should be fine for at least this year. With Stalock out for the year, Greiss and Sateri will probably split the Worcester duties while Sexsmith and Heemskerk will play for Stockton. By 12-13 Niittymaki will be UFA, and Sexsmith and Stalock will be RFA, so they can do a bit of juggling and be able to wedge Anderson into the pro ranks too.
To some degree, I think they will be fine this year, however, I want Sateri playing a lot of games. Stalock being hurt helps that, but Greiss and Sateri both have good claims to the starting position and needs for lots of games. If Niitty is truly hurt (may be little more than a strain), that would certainly help alleviate some of the problem. Next year Greiss will take the NHL back-up, but that still leaves two of our top prospects fighting for one spot-hardy ideal. I am also high on Anderson and to a lesser degree Hemmskerk (I think Stockton is fine for this year and possibly next), and expect to see Sexsmith be trade bait (think future considerations, or toss in) or to be released. However, that still leaves things awfully crowded, as I think we all want Sateri, Stalock, and Anderson playing lots of games, and want continued development for Hemmskerk as well.

NHL
Niemi
Greiss

AHL
Stalock
Sateri

ECHL
Anderson
Hemmskerk

Sure it fits, but we need more playing time for some of these guys.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote