Thread: Proposal: Edm - Phx
View Single Post
Old
09-10-2011, 07:12 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
He was for the first 4 games.lol. I forgot to write "almost" a ppg, i apologize, but he did have 24 points and -3 in 33 games at one point(0.73 ppg). You are right though, and it's lower than i remember. Omark was with the team, sent back for 1 game, and with the team for awhile before they were put together. Gagner also played a lot with Jones. I believe his most common linemates were Hemsky, Penner, Paajarvi, Omark, Jones. Other than the 1st two, i don't think any of them are that great. How much ice time Turris got with Bissonet is overstated. In the games i watched, they did give him shifts in the top 6. If a player deserves to be playing, he'll get his icetime.
That's an inaccurate assumption, especially in Tippett's system.

It's tough to address Turris' "lack of improvement".

I think he has been improving, but there's nothing really quantifiable to prove it.

Turris started against weaker competition, so I think his developmental curve should be understandably longer.

I'm not saying Turris is, or projects to be, a far better player. I actually think they're quite similar in upside, but I think Turris' skating, shot and face-off ability will ultimately make him a superior player.

I should also mention that I don't think the gap between Gagner and Turris is that large right now. The only difference is opportunity and confidence, to me.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote