Thread: Line Combos: Rangers 1st Line LW
View Single Post
Old
09-11-2011, 05:40 AM
ohbaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
With Richards and Gaborik here, together, no, that will not team's first line. They're all very good depth players, but both Richards and Gaborik are legitimate offensive threats, each shift Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Callahan, while excellent two-way players, do not even come close to matching the offensive capabilities of those two.

Anyway, I voted Dubinsky. I just don't see how Wolski is a fit on that top line. Skillwise, you could argue, but given his timid game, he won't be that grinding, tough, dominant physical force that would mesh extremely well with the Richards/Gaborik duo. He has the size to be a good board player, but by putting him on that line in favor of Dubinsky, you are not using Richards/Gaborik to the best of their ability.
I don't see Wolski either, but he will most likely will get a shot. As well as others in Torts merry-go-round. But I doubt very much if Dubi plays there unless the Pack line falls flat. And even though Richards and Gabby will play together, and most probably will be considered our first line,... don't be surprised if Dubi and Cally play more minutes.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote