View Single Post
Old
09-11-2011, 09:29 AM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBurns View Post
The game in six was a little disappointing for me. I don't want to see 3 fights, I want to see highlights of the prospects playing hockey. On the fighting, Jamie Devane shouldn't split a fight with a 5'11" opponent, that ain't the stuff of a future NHL heavyweight although there may be hope for him as a hockey player not just a fighter. The more mature Gardiner should stand out in this game and he did.

On a side note, it doesn't matter for the Leafs but I'm rooting for Chris DiDomenico to succeed. He's trying to do the near-impossible by coming back from that awful compound leg fracture. Like Gardiner, he should stand out in this tourney due to his age and experience.
Some of the toughest guys to play in the NHL were under 6 feet. Domi is 5'8" max so I'm not sure of your point. The giraffe isn't the toughest animal in the jungle.

That said Devane is still very young and NHL enforcers do not come into the NHL as teens. There will be a few more years of seasoning and filling out before Devane is even considered for NHL duty.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote