View Single Post
Old
09-11-2011, 10:18 PM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
so in your mind it's a sign of Gomez's leadership skills that he managed to fight with a rookie which led to the rookie being demoted to the AHL and eventually shipped out of town for nothing... only to then join another team, fit right in just fine with their leadership group, lead them in scoring, and then help them go deeper into the playoffs than the habs...
how much you want to bet Scott Gomez will have more success than your hero Koivu in the playoffs over the next 5 years?

I'll bet anything and everything. I'll also admit that Gomez will be riding the coattails in that success but he knows where the winning team is, Koivu knows mediocrity.

Want to bet to disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
how much you want to bet Scott Gomez will have more success than your hero Koivu in the playoffs over the next 5 years?

I'll bet anything and everything. I'll also admit that Gomez will be riding the coattails in that success but he knows where the winning team is, Koivu knows mediocrity.

Want to bet to disagree?
I will even bet that Getlaf, Ryan and Perry will have all had more success at the end of their careers on teams that didn't include Koivu compared to the teams that included Koivu.

on the ice

Koivu > Gomez ainec

but leadership wise and building a team wise

I still say
G>K.

Last edited by Mike8: 09-11-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: merge
macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote