Thread: News Article: The Light Finally Goes on for Nilan
View Single Post
Old
09-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
nilan comes from a time when fighting was a valid part of a winning hockey formula , before the contrived matchups you see now.

I liked Chris for a couple of things - despite his Massachussets roots he became fiercely loyal to the Canadiens and would take on anybody for a teammate, especially if they had a Bruins jersey on. He's kept that loyalty over the years and it comes out in interviews I've seen recently.

The second part of that was that he seemed to hate the player in the opposing jersey. I can't see Knuckles doing dinner with one of his combatants or working out with a Leaf in the offseason. He was that intense.

I had no idea he battled this.

If there are connections between the enforcer role and depression, Chris may have given us a glimpse at the root cause. Enforcers experience pain and have to perform with pain, which leads them to pain killers which have a list of side effects (not to mention possible financial ruin) .
Thanks for the review. I definitely want to see it. Anyone know if it's going to be airing in Mtl?

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote