View Single Post
Old
09-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Well how come under Koivu's leadership we've had a tonne of problems with our young players being developed? Koivu was the leader of the team when we had a locker room riff. He was here when SK was first brought up, Lats, Lappierre, Ribeiro, Ryder, Higgins, all went on to not achieve their potential here and have attitude problems.
What?? SK, Latendresse, Higgins all played their best hockey as a Habs on Koivu's line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
how much you want to bet Scott Gomez will have more success than your hero Koivu in the playoffs over the next 5 years?

I'll bet anything and everything. I'll also admit that Gomez will be riding the coattails in that success but he knows where the winning team is, Koivu knows mediocrity.

Want to bet to disagree?

I
Oh wow your a smart guy.

Let me see... Koivu is approaching 37, slowed down with cancer, getting close to retirement.. while Gomez is only 32 and still have a lot of hockey in him. I think you might be right. yeah..

Edit: Koivu was captain for the Habs for 10 years, was the captain of team Finland and now is an assistant captain in Anaheim. What is wrong in this world.. All those managers can't see this guy has leadership problem? Thank god we have an lockeroom insider on HFboards that can tell that Koivu has poor leadership, especially with the young players.

Last edited by Mike8: 09-11-2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: merge
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote