Old
09-12-2011, 02:26 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Nice non-sequitur...

The article actually made some relevent connections. Many of them were inferred or brought up by those who didn't have an alterior "hate" agenda which was always a red herring anyway. Moreover, they were brought up by some of the "insiders" who have since been gagged/self-censored.
First, I try.

Second, I thought most of those gagged insiders were gagged because of Richards discussion. Last I heard there was no real movement to move Carter from within the front office for what will politely be declared "off-ice" issues; according to those insiders anyway.

While this certainly does suggest that he was moved for on-ice issues as this article seems to suggest, I have my problems believing that the statistical on-ice leader of the Flyers just signed to a bargain contract was moved for such a reason.

There are only a limited amount of possibilities that exist here:

1) He was involved in off-ice incidents with Richards (under the assumption that Richards was involved in such things).
2) The Flyers were not happy with his on-ice play despite him statistically leading the team in pretty much all relative categories a forward can lead a team in.
3) The Flyers, having just signed him to a contract, were already second guessing the longevity of the deal.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote