View Single Post
Old
09-12-2011, 04:26 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I think it's somewhere along those lines definitely...it's just that Richards this year made it easier for the organization to make such a ballsy move..that and their NMC's kicking in. The organization just decided to reload..might experience some blowback in the short term but the organization will do just fine in the long run. I think the organization for once thought out of the box and did what was needed....
Believe it or not, and this is something I touch upon in the upcoming top 20 article, this was really an interesting maneuver.

This is the kind of thing you see proposed on the trade boards, never so much in real life. It's a play straight out of NHL 2011.

Only history will be able to judge whether the moves were correct (I find it personally hard to believe that Schenn and Couturier will be singularly better than Richards and Carter, but coupled with Voracek and Simmonds plus the fact that they're all part of a youthful core including Giroux and vanRiemsdyk, I find this move entirely realistic as a win for the organization), but it's still cool to speculate on what went into these moves. It's not every day that you get to witness a particular build-up almost mystery-esque in real life.

It's almost like that awesome movie you saw where the ending blew you away so you go back and rewatch the movie to hunt for the obvious clues you missed.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote