Thread: OT: LED or Plasma
View Single Post
Old
09-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Alawishis

vCash: 500
There is some good advice here.

You really have to be careful buying home electronics, there are a lot of tricks used to make a more profitable product appear better.

I remember back in the days when I was in home electronics sales, there was a brand of cheap speakers sold as high end speakers. The company responsible for selling them would use a special CD encoded with sonic-holography technology. This is a method of recording that accentuated the acoustic imaging. They would use this disc and demonstrate how well you could here the sound locations (imaging). They never told the customer about the special CD and that this worked on all speakers. Then, because these speakers had a huge markup they could offer a big discount and still make a handsome profit.

Some of you may know the scheme and brand of speaker I'm talking about I think they still sell them but I have no idea if they incorporate the same scam to do so.

My point is the same type of things can be doe with monitors. If at all possible make sure you buy where they have a reasonable return policy. If you don't like what you see at home you can take it back without hassle.

Alawishis is offline   Reply With Quote