View Single Post
Old
09-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

vCash: 500
I'm a sabres and rags fan who's been living in Montreal for a long time so I'll chime in.

As just about everyone else has mentioned, tickets are going to be costly. I'm sure you'll be able to get something, but the pricing is not going to be what you're used to anywhere else you've been.

From my personal experience, Habs fans tend to dislike the Rags, but not fans of the Rags per se. It's not like, say, their hatred for anyone or anything having to do with Boston. They're probably going to be annoying to a certain degree, but I wouldn't be worried about any physical harm or anything. It really can go both ways... and I guess it depends on how many of you there will be, and how loud you're gonna be compared to who's around you.

I always wear my Sabres/Rags jerseys when I go see games here, even if it's just in a bar... and it's always been mostly fine, but I do speak the language and go with a bunch of Habs fans friends, so I don't know what it's like as a true outsider. Worst that's happened to me is having to deal with insane homer ignorance/arrogance - "blablabla 24 cups".

Either way, Montreal's a great city worth visiting. I was born and raised in NYC, and I've been out here for over 10 years by choice if that's any indication, so come on over and have fun =)

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote