View Single Post
Old
09-13-2011, 01:25 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
It's REALLY, really good. Well worth $10 or whatever it costs to see it. I'll be buying it, for sure, when it comes out on Blu Ray. The fight scenes were just ****ing awesome. That alone made it worth it. There was a lot of fighting in the movie (more than I thought there would be), too. A lot of fun.
I've managed to watch it twice already and it holds up just as well on the second viewing. Definitely one of my favourite, if not my favourite, movie I have seen all year. There were a few unrealistic things about the fighting, but overall I thought they did a really good job of portraying the fights realistically. What I really liked about the movie is that it helps to humanize the fight game, too many people seem to assume that MMA is just a bunch of meatheads running around fighting each other...but really, many of the guys that fight have really interesting stories that deserve to be told. Also loved the inclusion of The Nationals "About Today", thought it just blended into the scene so well and really helped to sell the mood. Brilliant movie IMO.

I definitely agree with you about buying it though, in this day and age where media is so easily accessible it takes something that really does mesh with you for it to be a purchase. This movie is definitely a must buy for me.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote